Hurricane season in Florida is right around the corner. Usually, the “season” starts in June, but that does not mean that hurricanes and tropical storms are a guarantee. However, it is important to be aware and prepared for possible storms.
The following are some terms often used to describe weather conditions:
- Tropical Storm Watch: Tropical storm conditions are possible in the area.
- Hurricane Watch: Hurricane conditions are possible in the area.
- Tropical Storm Warning: Tropical storm conditions are expected in the area.
- Hurricane Warning: Hurricane conditions are expected in the area.
In addition, the following are a few tips to secure your home from damaging winds during the hurricane season in Florida:
- Cover all of your windows, either with hurricane shutters or wood. In addition, it is important to know that although tape can help prevent glass from shattering everywhere, it does not prevent the glass from breaking.
- Reinforce your garage doors.
- Bring in all outdoor furniture, garbage cans, decorations, etc.
- If winds become strong, stay away from windows and doors and close, secure and brace internal doors.
Furthermore, it is important to prepare a hurricane “kit” in case of a major storm. This can include non-perishable food, water, first-aid kit, flashlights, etc.
Visit https://www.stateofflorida.com/articles/hurricane-preparedness-guide/ for more information.
About AMG Intrnational Realty
AMG International Realty is a global real estate firm specializing in Florida. If you are you looking to buy, rent, or sell in Miami we are here to guide you through every step of the way. From mortgage applications, to finding your dream home and closing the deal. Contact us today!
Chat with me on WhatsApp: +1 (305) 318 6968 (Heloisa Arazi).